02/02/2013

Thursday 31st

We began last weeks Theatre lesson by finding a space in room, closing our eyes and getting into our characters. We then walked around the space in our characters. We pushed our characters physicality and body language to the max to make bold, clear decisions. 

We then went into more detail and thought about the smaller habits our characters would have. I discovered that Ara fiddles with her fingers and/or shirt when she is nervous or upset, and then went on to use that habit when Ara showed signs of weakness. I learnt that the smaller details can make a massive difference to the way your characters feelings are portrayed to the audience.

This really helped me to get into my character more and with help from Miss.Niven i discovered that Ara is a little more "ghetto" and strong in the way she walks and talks. As walking around with stronger strides etc. I began to discover more things about Ara and felt that she is not as weak as i thought.

As well as that, watching the other students in my class helped me see that bold physicality changes make a real difference to the presence you bring to the stage and showed me how i could make bolder changes with my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment