19/12/2012

Off text improvisation


On Thursday 13th lesson we discussed the meaning of "Off text improvisation"

I learnt that off text improvisation is improvising but still staying true to your character and the script. For example in the lesson we had to walk around the space saying a line that we think our character would say, this had to come from the thoughts and feelings of our character but not from the script.

I learnt that off text improvisation is a great way to learn new things about your character becasue it takes down the barrier of having a script and lets you take on your character more and live as them.

It made me think more in the mind of my character Ara and got me into role without having to rely on lines. It almost made me remember all the information i had learnt from the script and put that into action.

1 comment: