19/12/2012

Diary Entry

6th December 2012
Council Meeting 

Dear Diary,

Today I sat in a council meeting. We shared, talked and conversed... but i still feel like no-one really understand me or the feelings that i'm going through. They'll nod and nod silly until you think they understand but in-fact they don't. Im not stupid, i could see from the faces around me.

I'm supposed to be strong, but i'm not, i'm weak... i realised that today.

We were sat in a circle, like the games of duck duck goose i used to play with my friends from home. We talked about our experiences. Kojo really misses his family, he is lost and so confused. I just wanted to tell him i was here for him. The manager well he is worried about all of the children he takes in, Roza she doesn't seem to care but we all know she is traumatised from what has happened.

On and on and on they talk... it saddens me to the bone. Why are we living like this? Why out of all the people of the world do the children have to be put through such pain. We are like wolves, desperate to run free in the dead of night but we cant because we are trapped, silenced.

Kojo's mother is sick, sick and tired of worrying. The market traders lives are being put at risk from lack of customers and me? 

Well i guess i just have to stay strong, strong for kojo, even when i'm not.


No comments:

Post a Comment